General

Welcome to our official feedback forum. Do you have an idea? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

This feedback forum is powered by www.UserVoice.com. Your use is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy at the bottom of this page.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Develop and evangelize a standard feed format (RSS/XML) to promote global syndication

There are many different xml feeds being used, including several that have been suggested as a standard (Xcal, RDF Calendar, RSS Events) - Allforgood should work towards wider adoption of a standard as this will make syndicating and aggregating volunteer opportunities more ubiquitous. The more data that is syndicated and then aggregated, the more convenient it is for users to find volunteer opportunities.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      started  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • The date listed on the search results summary page is incorrect - listed as 1 day earlier than event

When I search for my events by school name (the zip code search doesn't list them), they are displayed on the search results page with a summary that shows the incorrect date. e.g. my first event is on July 25, but the search results page lists it as July 24.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Allow us to go to the 2nd page of opportunities

I have been trying to use your service to find opportunities for Memphis TN for MLK day. Your system will not allow me to look at more than the 1st page of listings. Please fix this

4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Location should be display priority

The system should allow results to be sorted by geographical location. In fact, this should be the default order of the results on the All For Good site. I understand that ‘location’ searches are converted to lat / long with a default of 50 mile radius. The current system uses the keyword match as the primary ordering. This should change to the location parameter determining result ordering. For example, if I enter a zip Code as my location preference the results should be ordered in sequence by 1. Actual Zipcode matches, 2. City, 3. State, 4. National, 5. all other…

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your detailed feedback. The engineering team has spent a lot of time + effort on getting this right, and I believe that we are following the display order that you mention, but I will verify the procedure and reply back to you in this forum.

• Query Issues

We have added opportunities for the King Day of Service but the opportunities do not show up unless specific search parameters are entered. i.e.- Upon location entry and redirection from mlkday.gov the default parameters (MLK, MLK Day, MLK 2011, King Day, King Day of Service, King Day 2011, a.Day of Service January 17th, 2011, MLK Day of Service) yield results for a Volunteer Secretary which has no connection to MLK events; actual MLK specific events are not listed.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)